How is the Member Benefits Private Exchange different than healthcare.gov?
Applying through MB Exchange allows for you to shop and compare all of the carriers in the private market at once and provides you with the advice of a licensed Benefits Counselor that has your individual needs in mind. You are also able to enroll in other exclusive benefits such as supplemental health, dental, vision, disability, etc. at the same time as your medical enrollment. This creates a one-stop-shop for all of your benefit needs. Your benefit elections are held in your personal exchange account where you are able to log back in and view your benefits at any time during the year.
What are the important dates for enrolling in health coverage?
- November 1, 2021: Open Enrollment begins.
- December 15, 2021: Last day to enroll for coverage effective January 1, 2022.
- January 1, 2022: Coverage starts for those who enroll by December 15, 2021.
- January 15, 2022: Open Enrollment ends. (Last day to enroll for coverage effective February 1, 2022.)
- After January 15, 2022: You may still be able to apply for ACA-compliant health insurance if you experience a Qualifying Life Event (QLE) and qualify for a Special Enrollment Period. You can also apply for non-ACA health insurance (aka “short-term health”) at any time during the year.
- February 1, 2022: Coverage starts for those who enroll between December 16, 2021 and January 15, 2022.
If my employer offers coverage am I able to enroll in a plan through this Private Exchange?
Yes, you are able to enroll in an individual policy on the private exchange if your employer offers coverage, however, because your employer offers coverage, you are not eligible for a subsidy on the public exchanges.
If I have a claim issue who do I contact?
You will want to call the number on the back of your insurance ID card. All of the carriers have a designated claims department that will be able to review any claims that a provider has submitted and explain the charges. If you have created a member log in with the insurance carrier you should also be able to access your claims online through the carrier website listed on your card.
How do I update or change my billing information for my health insurance?
To change or update your health insurance billing information you may contact the carrier’s billing department by calling the number on the back of your ID card. If you have created a member log in with the insurance carrier you may also be able to change your billing online through the carrier website listed on your card.
How do I change my address?
To change your address with your health insurance carrier information you may call the number on the back of your ID card. If you have created a member log in with the insurance carrier you may also be able to change your address online through the carrier website listed on your card.